Operation: Crystal Cove

With the creation of the Pacific Coast Highway, Crystal Cove became a popular attraction and was given its name in 1927. The Irvine Family, who owned the land, allowed family and ranch employees to use the land for personal use. Here they built and vacationed in the cottages overlooking the coast that are now part of the National Registry of Historical Places.

In 1979 the State bought Crystal Cove from the Irvine Company. Today, the pristine views and rolling tides offer people some of the most relaxing environments and easy access to physical activities.

Hint: Use the entrance at the corner of PCH and Newport Coast Drive. Pass the entrance kiosk, make a left and park in parking lot #4.

Operation: Crystal Cove (click to download)