Operation: Peters Canyon

Peters Canyon Regional Park was part of the original Spanish land grant, Rancho Lomas de Santiago (this includes parts of present day Irvine and Tustin). In 1897 the rancho was purchased by James Irvine and leased to James Peters, whom the canyon is named for. Peters built a home and dry-farmed barley and beans in the upper part of the canyon. It wasn't until 1992 that the Irvine Company dedicated 354 acres of Peters Canyon to the County of Orange to be preserved as open space and turned into the beautiful park that exists today.

Hint: To find the Beginner Clue, park at the south entry by Peters Canyon Elementary School.

Operation: Peters Canyon (click to download)